PolarWebServices (PolarWeb Ltd Business-id: 2018231-5)
Service Level Agreement
Our Service Level Agreement (SLA) provides uptime, support responce, Support issue resolution and hardware guarantees Provided by PolarWebServices to the customer. The SLA applies to all PolarWebServices's customers (unless otherwise stated later in this document) who are current (i.e., not past due) for all accounts and services provided by PolarWebServices.
Table of Contents
Website Uptime Guarantee:
we guarantee a 99.9% website uptime for all hosting packaged (both shared hosting and dedicated servers*). "Web Site Uptime" is the percentage of time per month (based on a 30 day month, 43250 minutes) that the content of your Web site is available for access by third parties via HTTP and HTTPS, as measured by e-Business Express systems. If your Web Site Uptime is less than 99.9%, PolarWebServices will issue a credit to your account in accordance with the following schedule. (Credits will be calculated on the basis of the monthly service charge paid for the affected Services):
|Web Site Uptime %||Credit Percentage|
|99.9 to 100%||0%|
|98% to 99.8%||10%|
|95% to 97.9%||25%|
|90% to 94.9%||50%|
|89.9% or below||100%||
|Web Site Downtime (in minutes)||Credit Percentage|
|less than 42.2 mins||0%|
|42.3 - 864 mins||10%|
|865 - 2160 mins||25%|
|2161 - 4320 mins||50%|
|greater than 4320 mins (72 hrs)||100%|
This guarantee doesn't apply to:
- Circumstances beyond PolarWebServices's control including, war, strike or other labor disturbance, unavailability/interruption/delay in telecommunications, virus attacks and/or hackers, third party software failure (free scripts, ecommerce software, Merchant Gateways), fire, flood, tornado, earthquakes, acts by any governing body, embargo, boycott, or inability to obtain supplies, raw materials, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this Service Level Agreement
- Failure of access circuits to the PolarWebServices Network, unless the failure is caused solely by PolarWebServices
- Emergency maintenance, scheduled maintenance, and system upgrades
- Domain name system (DNS) and domain name registration problems outside of the control of PolarWebServices
- Issues with FTP, POP, IMAP, or SMTP customer access
- Customer's acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (ie., PHP, Python, CGI, Perl, HTML, ASP, etc...), any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the Services in breach of PolarWebServices's Acceptable Use Policy;
- Problems elsewhere on the internet that prohibit you from viewing your account. PolarWebServices is not responsible for browser, DNS, or other caching that might make it appear your site is unavailable even though others can still access your information. This guarantee covers areas PolarWebServices controls such as our servers, routers, and switches.
As dedicated servers may crash for various reasons we can only guarantee 99.9% network uptime for your server. Uptime includes the time you can access our network without being able to access your particular server. If you feel your server has been down due to a network fault we ask you submit your monitor logs to us in a support issue via our CCC and our Accounting department will then check our logs against your logs and offer you a credit if it is due. Uptime is tracked over a course of 1 month and will not be issued until the end of that particular month or beginning of the next month. Dedicated server uptime claims are handled on a case by case basis and we reserve a right not to offer a credit.
Support responce guarantee:
We quarantee that you will receive a personal (not autogenerated) reply to your support ticket within 8-24 hours depending on the importance level you choose for your ticket:
|Importance Level||Responce Guarantee Time|
If we fail to meet this guarantee we will issue a credit to your account in accordance with the following structure. (Credits will be calculated on the basis of the monthly service charge paid for the affected Services. All credit requests related to this guarantee by same customer within a same calendar month will be combined together when the credit amount is calculated):
|Time exceeding the guarantee||Importance Level: High||Importance Level: Medium||Importance Level: Low|
|8h - 12h||5%||0%||0%|
|12h - 24h||10%||5%||0%
|24h - 72h||25%||10%||5%|
|72h - 120h||50%||25%||10%|
|120h - 168h||75%||50%||25%|
|168h or more||100%||75%||50%|
Please notice that these service level guarantee only applies if all following criteria are met:
- Support ticket category is one of the following: Shared hosting, Dedicated servers, Domains/DNS or Billing
- The support request has been submitted through PolarWebServices's help desk
- The support ticket is under a right category
- The Customer hasn't clearly rated the importance of the support ticket higher than the actual importance of the issue in question is.
The Customer agrees that it's PolarWebServices's right to refuse any credit request if any part of the criteria above aren't met based on PolarWebServices's opinion of the issue in question.
These guarantees doesn't apply to Finnish/UK/US public holidays/holiday eves.
Support issue resolution guarantee:
We guarantee that your support issue will be resolved in 12 hours after our first responce to the issue or if we need additional information from the customer in 12 hours after the customer has provided this information to PolarWebServices support through PolarWebServices's support ticket system and PolarwebServices has confirmed that the information has been received.
If we fail to meet this guarantee the customer will be issued a credit based on following structure.
|Monthly Hosting Cost||Credit|
|$1 - $2.50||$0.25|
|$2.50 - $5||$0.50|
|$5 - $20||$1|
|$20 or more||$2|
Hardware replacement will occur within 24 hours of the reported problem. Replacement is defined as returning the server to configuration at time of purchase. If hardware failure causes corruption of either the Operating System, Data Files, or Configuration of server, PolarWebServices will restore the system to the original state as it was when purchased. Although PolarWebServices is not responsible for the restoration of data to your server we will look up for backups done using control panel software by customer and seek to restore these for customer. We strongly recommend that you purchase backup options for your server and keep copies of your data off-site with you for emergency purposes. PolarWebServices shall not be liable for loss of data under any circumstances.
Dedicated server management policies:
This part of SLA only applies to dedicated servers.
- Operating systems. We support following operating systems: Fedora Core 4 and CentOS 4.3
- Control Panels: We support following control panels: Plesk, cPanel and DirectAdmin. We will assist the customer on all operating system related problems reported by the customer.
- PolarWebServices will install kernel and operating system updates on request. PolarWebServices will only install standard pre-packaged kernels provided by Redhat. When updating the kernel customer must understand that it is a risky operation since we are updating a core part of the system, therefore customer must acknowledge that during remote installs, there is a possibility for failure.
- Software: We will offer support on all software or individual service problems however we do not guarantee that the problem is fixable by us. If we can not fix the problem the customer will be entitled to free server OS re-install and restore any backups you have (providing they're made via control panel software).
- Reboots: We will provide manual and in some cases automatic server reboots to the customer.
- Hacking/security failure: In case of hacking or security failure PolarWebServices will provide a free OS reload and re-install all of your services for customer.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures:
In order to receive a credit send an email message to us. Each request in connection with this SLA must include customer's account username and the dates and times of the unavailability of customer's Web site. The request must be received by PolarWebServices within ten (5) business days after the event when any of the above guarantees hasn't been met. If the guarantee failure is confirmed by PolarWebServices, credits will be applied to the customer's account at the end of the month when the credit request/s was received.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the total amount credited to customer in a particular month under this SLA shall not exceed the total hosting fee paid by customer for such month for the affected Services. Credits are exclusive of any applicable taxes charged to customer or collected by PolarWebServices and are customer's sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any failure or deficiency in the Web Site Availability of customer's Web site.
Please notice that these guarantees listed here are only minimum service level guarantees for PolarWebServices's support. PolarWebServices may at any time choose to provide services not listed here to the customer. PolarWebServices also reserves the right to modify these guarantees at any time without a prior notification.
Links to all parts of this agreement.